Saturday, April 3, 2010

Post number 100... seriously?

I was once so in the dark about blogging. So not interested in the whole phenomenon. Hard to believe that I'm typing my 100th blog post RIGHT NOW. 100 posts - wow! I never know how many people read them, how many look at the pictures, or how many people arrive at my blog thinking I'm the Kelly MacDonald they saw in Trainspotting, Gosford Park or No Country For Old Men. The comments that come trickling in suggest some do visit intentionally and actually read and look at my photos - and I'm so thankful for those! I LOVE feedback - good or bad, it keeps me going. Gives me purpose and a reason to post.

I posted a week or so ago about Theo - my youngest so thought I'd be fair and post about his big brother today. I took him out on a quick location hunt this morning. I have a few shoots coming up and thought I'd tour around looking for places to shoot. He was my model and this was a quick shot that caught my eye. He's at that stage where it so hard to get a shot with a natural smile. He has this goofy fake grin he throws at the camera whenever he thinks I want him to smile. I won't post a picture of that - it's not him. No goofy grin - this is as close as I get to a natural smile these days.

This is Quincy, my big guy. He too loves transformers but in a whole different way than his brother. He knows every transformer - the big names and those mentioned only once in the old reruns - he knows them all and everything about them. Right now he has all of the transformers laid out on the floor of our house, ready to attack in the morning - the autobots separate from the decepticons (poor easter bunny doesn't know what he's in for). All the instructions are laid out as well (in a very orderly manner) for any necessary last minute transformations. He's very smart, very controlling and very meticulous. He loves lego (this kid can whip together just about anything in seconds - he blows my mind) and he is a whiz at puzzles, games and just about anything you can throw at him. He loves avocado, plums, Kashi cereal and candy (any candy). He's my big guy and he scares me. He scares me because I know the day will soon come that my big guy is smarter than me!

Happy Easter    : )

8 comments:

  1. This one is absolutely priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter and 100th Post...oh and almost forgot...Transform and roll-out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he is soooo handsome!Congrats on the 100th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a frequent reader!!! gorgeous photo. really perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly, great shot! Happy Easter to you and the guys. I have been reading and admiring since the beginning. Please keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see absolute contentment and peace in his face and posture. There's nothing like being happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so so so beautiful! :) and happy happy easter + 100th post! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelly,

    I have finally had a few minutes and I am going through the posts I have not seen yet. This is darling. What a beautiful picture and little boy! (I have to go see Theo's post now - I am working my way backwards).
    You are such a beautiful photographer. It's late, but Happy Easter and Congratulations on your 100th Post!

    ReplyDelete